Monday, May 7, 2012

Home Sweet Home.

I'm back!  We had the most marvelous time! I can't wait to share all the highlights with you. But right now I'm in a post vacation hangover of bliss mixed with jet lag and I'm not moving fast. 

But here's a cute story -- on Saturday, Lucy and I celebrated seven years of living in our place here in LA!  It's always a sweet anniversary for me because I had just quit my corporate job, was trying to start a new life and was filled with equal amounts of hope and being scared shitless. We really have come so far.
Back then, I was coming back to LA and ready to make a new beginning here. I found the street I wanted to live on and thought I found what was the perfect apartment. It was soooo cute! But the landlord didn't accept dogs. I begged, I pleaded, I lost sleep ... and I even went to a psychic!  She told me she saw me moving into a place with lots of great light and much happiness and love.  And wouldn't you know it, the next day I stumbled upon an open house for the place we now live and moved in the following week!  It really does have amazing, inspirational light ... and lots of love because I met my husband while living here and now we all live here together.  It was just meant to be! And what's even more funny to me, is some friends of mine now live in the place I so desperately wanted a few doors down. They had a birthday party there a couple of years ago and my husband went to that party as part of our first date. Isn't that fun?!?!

But as I was cuddling with Lucy and reflecting on our time here, I remembered that I never shared some recent blog posts about my place. I was super honored with Lillian of Unstitched asked me to do a tour of my home on her blog. And then Sandra of Raincoast Cottage asked me to be part of a new column she was starting about where we create.  You can see those posts here and here.

Have a great week! I can't wait to catch up with you all ... and a big hearty THANK YOU to my friends who guest posted while I was gone. I love you all!

{Photos by me}.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about your trip. Rome and Italy are so wonderful...

    ReplyDelete