Thursday, June 28, 2012

Movie: Jeff, Who Lives at Home.


Wow, it's been a long time since I've done a movie post! But here's one I saw over the weekend and was really surprised how much I liked it. It looked like something I wanted to see in the theater but seemed like it might be dark and there wasn't much buzz about it. Then a couple of weeks ago I photographed Mark Duplass (an actor, writer and director whom I'm sure you'll hear lots about this year) who wrote and directed it with his brother. You know everyone in the film -- Andy from The Office, Jason Segal, Judy Greer and Susan Sarandon. It's about a slacker dude who is searching for the meaning of life in a way that is funny, charming and sort of relatable.  The movie takes place in the span of one day as Jeff goes on a journey with his odd-ball family.  It's less an 90 minutes long, really well done and very sweet.  I didn't think it was dark at all. Have you seen it? If you watch it, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Love your movie recs., and I can rent it on iTunes, so it is perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see this...all my fav actors are in it. I don't get the no buzz part. But then usually the movies I like the most aren't very buzzy. Have you ever seen "Enchanted April"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had Enchanted April on my list forever! Do you love it? I tend to love all the little films the most. I was just talking to someone this morning and they brought up 500 Days of Summer. I loved that one! Good scripts are the best.

      Delete